Although not a fulfillment, the alternation can represent an important opportunity and some advantages for the companies that decide to start it: it is however essential to actively administer it and integrate it in its plans of human resources management, relations with the territory and communication institutional. If the company will be able to understand and accept the true meaning of the alternation and that is that it is called to devote time and resources to the training of students not directly productive, its planning and training commitment will also be dedicated to the preparation of its own personnel, to the identification of streamlined and standardized procedures and even better to the realization of a plan that transforms this commitment into a valuable corporate action. So helping students to train can then serve the company to choose interns or workers, even for occasional periods and thus have people who already know the reality closely. Companies will be able to choose which school-work alternation activities to carry out based on their specific characteristics. The companies, adhering to the alternating school work, become a point of reference and have a more active role towards the school and the students. Advanced human capital is one of the main factors of competitiveness and the alternation reduces the mismatch between labor demand and training supply, creating stable relationships between school and business. In this way companies will be able to more easily find the professional figures they need and, instead, they are often difficult to find. Right and better prepared professional figures: a student who has already taken a path of alternation in the future will be able to enter the company more quickly and efficiently, having already developed those skills, especially transversal, which facilitate a more rapid adaptation to the working environment. The alternation allows the company to be more recognizable within the territory by promoting its social role and its formative function. The school-work alternation for the company is an opportunity to introduce its products, its work methods, its mission. Furthermore, by opening the school-work alternation, the company becomes the protagonist of an innovation process of the same conception of learning, showing its stakeholders openness to change and to the future.
Positive effects for companies:
• increase in the level of skills in human capital present in the territory to contribute to the competitiveness of the economic system;
• possibility of developing the technical and transversal skills of potential future workers already during the course of studies;
• reduction of time and investments for the insertion of new resources into the workforce;
• creation of a privileged relationship with local schools;
• strengthening the capacity of its employees to transfer know-how without significant investments in employee training, but training them in the field;
• enriching their business and their organization of freshness and new enthusiasm through comparison with the younger generations
• good return in terms of attractiveness, employer branding and corporate social responsibility in the reference territory.